Thursday, October 22, 2009

Poor Kerning

Poor kerning is everywhere. I never knew what kerning was until I learned it in my Typography class. Now I see poor kerning everywhere. It is like a pest that won't go away. I found a shameful example on the Kutztown University website on Thursday, October 21st around 9am in the CD lab. The link to the example is:
On this web page is a bold black heading that says: "Student Rec Center." This is horribly kerned. When you put up a website for students, prospective students, parents, and faculty to see, wouldn't you take the time to kern? Upon first glance of this header, you can clearly see that the "t" and "u" in "Student" are too close. The letters look anti-social with the "S" and the "d." Com'on Kutztown! Make us proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment