Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good Typography

This example of "good" typography was found around 9pm on Wensday, October 7th, at my home in Laurys Station. This is one of my western hat boxes. I am packing up for a big horse show this weekend, and realized how much I love the typography on the box. This brand of hat is a decent brand. The script and italic feel of the typeface gives the feeling of the elegance and quality of the hat. Also, the spur detail on the descender of the "y" gives a playful and "western" feel. The type face on the bottom of the box "Fits Your Lifestyle" is rendered in a more harsh script. I like this because it shows the roughness and toughness most western riders would love to have. I think this box is a great example of good typography. It is very well thought out and designed, attracting the potential buyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment